It’s that time of year again, when we dust off our trusty New Year’s resolutions, shine them up a bit for the year ahead, and away we go. If New Year’s resolutions were true measures of our resolve, then only a small percentage of us (4% …yes, you read that right, 4%) would seem to have any resolve at all!
But what if that is because we are doing it all wrong? What if the real issue is that we focus on DOING instead of who we are BEING?
Let’s start be taking an appreciative approach to life, which in this context means that what has served you well in the past is likely your ticket to having things work well in the future, i.e. play to your strengths.
So with that in mind, turn your attention back to 2021 with some appreciative questions to help you connect to your strengths.
- What accomplishments are you most proud of from 2021?
- What challenges did you overcome in 2021?
- What new connections did you create in 2021?
- What difference in the world did you make in 2021?
- How have you grown in 2021?
Standing grounded in your past and recognizing that you are a pretty kickass human being, let’s pivot to the future.
Think about your purpose – your mission in life. Connect to what is important about bringing it into the world. Now consider…
- What’s the difference you want to make in the world in 2022?
- What do you anticipate might be challenging in 2022?
- What new connections or relationships do you want to create or deepen in 2022?
- How do you want to grow in 2022?
- Who are you going to BE in 2022?
We look forward to sharing our thoughts and ideas with you in the year ahead.
Our wish for you in 2022 is that you step into your leadership and live your purpose from a place of choice, freedom and connection.
Reach out on email@example.com if you would like to start a conversation about who YOU want to BE in 2022.